Friday, April 15, 2011

Disorder Post (Schizophrenia)

I am schizophrenia.  Over 2 million american adults have been diagnosed with me but when dealt with i can cause problems for many. I get inside peoples heads and i make it hard for them to think clearly about everyday things. I make it hard for the person to distinquish wat is real and wat is just a fantasy. The person can also have a difficult time trying to make descisions and relate with others around them. I attack people who are in their late teens and 20's. I am known as one of the top 10 most debilitating diseases affecting humans. I love playing tricks with the mind; I make people have delusions or hallucinations which makes it difficult to function correctly or focus normally. I can not be fully cured but i can be treated and managed to a certain point. By taking potent medications will cause my disease to stop picking with your brain and allow me to never return. Some medications are too powerfull that cause people to slowly stop taking them, which gives me another chance for arrival.

3 comments:

  1. What is really helpful in the treatment of schizophrenia is early detection. If you're already pretty far into the onset, there are other possible treatments as well. The first option is normally medication. This will not cure schizophrenia, but it will reduce some of the "episodes" that do occur. In order to help gain control of the symptoms, cognitive behavior therapy can be used along with medication. This therapy helps the individual think about their disorder along with doing mental exercises. Many other activities are part of this therapy as well, such as keeping a journal and participating in interactive situations. Many more studies and research are taking place to this day in order to find better treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so fast Schizophrenia. I'm going to help you. I'm going to suggest antipsychotic drugs first. It will help with the hallucinations and such. Its your best bet in getting better. I will be here to help along the way and ensure you avoid tardive dyskinesia, but prevent the hallucinations from returning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im going to treat you with medication first. then while on the medication i am going to have you go through therapy. but first we have to get your schizophrenia on a leash with medication, so we can really help you!

    ReplyDelete